Anadolu Efes takes a 2-0 series lead: 88-73

Hosting Darüşşafaka Doğuş in the second match of the Spor Toto Basketball League playoff semi finals, Anadolu Efes won the match 88-73. Anadolu Efes was ahead 43-30 at the halftime of the match, played at Abdi İpekçi Arena. With this result, Anadolu Efes is up 2-0 in the series. The third match of the series will be played at Ayhan Şahenk Sports Hall at 18:00, on Saturday, 28 May. Out with an injury, Jon Diebler did not play for Efes.

Starting the match with Heurtel, Doğuş, Cedi, Saric and Dunston, Anadolu Efes’s first points were scored by Dunston, ahead 6-2 past the second minute. Getting a slam dunk by Cedi followed by another field goal by Dunston, Efes had a three pointer by Saric, forcing the opponent to call a timeout in the fourth minute: 13-2. Leading 19-6 past the eighth minute with Heurtel and Tyus’s points, Efes got three more points by Cedi in the remaining duration, ahead 22-10 at the end of the first 10 minutes of the game. Starting the second quarter with Dunston’s layup, Efes had a field goal from the paint by Birkan, leading 26-10 in the 11th minute. Following Granger and Dunston’s points to lead 31-15 at 13.30, the opponent reached 21 points in the next minute and Ahmet Çakı called a timeout. With Heurtel’s points, Efes was in the lead 33-22 past the 15th minute. Following six points by Tyus; Heurtel and Saric’s points in the paint in the second five minutes of the quarter settled the score for the first half: 43-30.

Starting the second half with Cedi’s layup, Anadolu Efes made it 45-32 with our first possession. As Efes was leading 51-38 past the 24th minute with Heurtel and Cedi’s three point field goals, Saric stole the ball and got the field goal, forcing the opponent to call a timeout: 53-38. Getting three more points by Saric from the foul line after the timeout, Efes was ahead 56-38 at 25.30. As the score was 61-38 at 26.15 with Heurtel’s layup and Brown’s three pointer, the opponent called another timeout. After the timeout, Furkan responded to the opponent’s three point field goal with his own. Getting five points by Granger and two points each by Birkan and Furkan in the final minutes of the quarter, Anadolu Efes was leading 73-46 while heading into the final quarter. Ahead 76-57 past the 33rd minute with Brown’s points, Efes had one free throw each by Ahmet and Brown, leading 78-65 into the 35th minute. Leading 83-67 while heading into the final four minutes of the match with Doğuş and Saric’s points, Anadolu Efes continued to score in the remaining duration with Brown and Furkan, leaving the court victorious 88-73.

  • Darüşşafaka Doğuş