Anadolu Efes: 97 - Onvo Büyükçekmece Basketbol: 98

We hosted Onvo Büyükçekmece Basketball in the 21st-week match of the Türkiye Sigorta Basketball Super League and we were defeated 97-98. We finished the first half of the match, which was played at the Sinan Erdem Dome, ahead 61-55.

Our team went into the game with Larkin, Erten, Clyburn, M'Baye, and Pleiss starting five, and we were ahead 5-2 in the first minute with the points of Pleiss and Erten. In this section, we scored consecutive points under the basket with M'Baye and Pleiss, and we were ahead 16-14 in the sixth minute. We brought the score to 25-24 in the eighth minute with three-pointers from Egehan, M'Baye, and Clyburn. After the points from Egehan and Buğrahan in the remaining section, we were ahead 31-30 in the first 10 minutes of the match. We started the second period with Elijah and Dunston's points and the score was 34-31 in the 12th minute. With Buğrahan's two-pointers, our lead increased to nine points in the 13th minute, and the visiting team's time-out came: to 40-31. On the return from the timeout, Buğrahan scored four points in the basket foul position this time during the three-point shooting and at 13:30 we increased the lead to 11 points: 44-33. After Dunston's lay-up, Buğrahan scored another three and we increased the lead to 15 points in the 16th minute: 53-38. We scored with Elijah and Clyburn in the remaining part and finished the first half of the game 61-55 ahead.

We started the second half with three points from M'Baye and entered the 21st minute with our 64-55 lead. With the hits of Larkin and Pleiss, the score was 70-65 at 24:30, while Dunston, who scored three points in the basket foul position, brought the score to 73-68 at 26:30. In the last part of the third quarter, after the points from M'Baye and Buğrahan, we entered the last 10 minutes of the match with our 81-73 lead. While our first basket in the final period came from M'Baye, we were ahead 85-79 in the 32nd minute with Dunston's mid-range shot. When the score came to 85-87 in the 35th minute, we took a time-out. We took the lead again with Larkin and Pleiss's points on the return from the timeout: 89-88. With M'Baye's five points, we were behind 94-96 in the last 45 seconds of the game. We took the lead again in the last six seconds of the game as Larkin turned Dunston's defensive rebound into a three-pointer: 97-96. After the basket from the opponent in the remaining six seconds, we were defeated 97-98.


  • Büyükçekmece Basketbol